Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wonderful weekend…

It’s been a LONG time since I could actually say I had a fabulous weekend. On Friday, a friend had a Lia Sophia jewelry party. I’ve been to a lot of these great jewelry parties but not in a while, hence the exorbitant number of items I purchased. First, I found an adorable necklace to wear for my sister’s bachelorette, grabbed up fabulous cuff I’d been eyeing for a while, a few pairs of great earrings and a present for my mother-in-law’s upcoming birthday. I also won the “game’ and got a stylish bangle (for free) and five dollars off! Go me!

On Saturday, it was more shopping fun as I headed out to the outlets with my mom and sis. I had a few gift cards from my birthday so I was able to score some super deals. I stocked up on a lot of basics including tank tops (I wear them every day!), khakis and two pairs of summer shoes. I also found a fun hat and shirt for dirt cheap. It was so nice to just spend the day with my fam and to take part in my favorite pastime – shopping!!!

When I got home, there was no rest for the weary. I headed out to a late dinner and drinks with my sister and law and some friends. It has become a monthly ritual for us all to get together, grab some dinner and hit the town. I made it a kind of early night as I was pooped out from shopping. No matter, the evening out was the perfect topper to an excellent day.

On Sunday, I wish I could say was real exciting but it mostly consisted of housework, laundry and some spring cleaning. My husband though did treat me to some yummy BBQ chicken. He’s becoming quite the cook…okay, only if it includes a grill but still I am happy to oblige.

After a very busy, but truly wonderful weekend, it was back to work on Monday. Nothing too exciting there, but after work, we took our bikes out for the first ride of the year. I lovingly named my Trek bicycle, Louis because the pattern on the frame reminded me of a Louis Vuitton bag. Hehe. It was a great first ride for the spring and I am so happy to be able to get back out there after a very LONG winter.

Today, it terrific Tuesday with yoga, AI and Glee to look forward to this evening…Yippy!

Until Next Time,
Fabulous KT

No comments: