Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happiness Project: Month 1 reflection

After three weeks of focusing on increasing my energy, I think I am finally starting to feel a little more vitality. I’ve been wearing my pedometer for two weeks and adding steps each day. Yesterday, a seemingly normal day, I walked 6,000 steps without any extra “walk” to talk of. In the coming weeks, a change in my work schedule will allow me more “me” time and hopefully allow me to continue to work on this goal. As for sleeping, this too has been a little better. I still tend to wake up very startled and anxious but I have been sleeping throughout the night better. I’ve been limiting my television and computer time at night and laying off the night-time snacks. I am confident by continuing to think about my energy and consciously make an effort to do more for me and relax my energy will return to its previous vigor.

For Rubin’s second month, she focuses on her marriage. I have been married nearly four years verses 14 plus- years but still can relate with many of the things she is talking about. Her main goal is to love better. She adds mini goals like stop nagging, lighten up and offer tangible proofs of love. I’ll expand more how it applies to me and how I can incorporate this into my relationship after I reflect and do some research. I may adapt my own goals this month to find a way to make my relationship better.

For the rest of this week, I’ll be focusing on increasing my energy and how the past month has really made me feel. Do I feel happier? A little. But is this because I am consciously trying to be more “happy”? Maybe. Only time will tell how this project will work, but I am happy (no pun intended!) with my progress thus far and looking forward to many more months of new discoveries and increased joy!

Until next time,
Fabulous KT

No comments: