Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life is a highway...

Last week, after returning to my blog, I looked back at some past posts and was amazed at the journey I've taken in such a short time. I can see how being in the right position (or the wrong one!) can impact your entire outlook. It made me start thinking about all the changes I have made since graduating from college 10 (gulp, yes 10 years!) ago in May. Career wise, my journey has been filled with stops and starts and a whole lot of bumps in the road. However, each of those trials, whether good or bad, has made me who I am today. I believe things happen for a reason and I faced those adversities to get me to where I am today. I've been with my hubby since my senior year but we've grown into adults and faced some tough times along with the good. Now we are embracing our latest adventure with our little joy, baby B. He is a delight and I can't imagine my life without him. However, I can't imagine our life with him at the other stages in our life. Sometimes God makes you wait until the timing is right for things to fall into place.
Often we get so caught up in what isn't going good that we forget to look around at what is good. My life is filled with lots of good things -- my family, my friends, etc. etc.. Now it is time to enjoy those things and put the negativity out. I can only imagine where the next few years will take me and how they will shape me. But I know one thing, I am going to try to sit back and enjoy this crazy ride.

No comments: