Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Happiness Project

One of my goals for my 30th year is to live my life to the fullest and enjoy every second. One of my fabulous gifts at my surprise party was a copy of Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project from my sassy sister. Rubin wrote the book chronicling year-long journey toward happiness. While I am just beginning the book, Rubin has already inspired me to start my own project. Each month, I am going to try to achieve a new goal centered on the main goal of becoming “happy”.

The first thing Rubin did was set some personal commandments. So following with that, today, it’s time to set my personal commandments:

1. Always be real – to myself and to others.
2. Tell the truth…always!
3. Do good, feel good.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff!
5. Count my blessings & enjoy the little moments in life!
6. Don’t worry, be happy!
7. Stop being so self conscious. Be true to myself and not worry what others think!
8. Relax!
9. Make time for me; don’t be afraid to say no to others!
10. Eliminate the negativity – be it attitude, people or things!


These are not individual goals but more a philosophy on how I want to live my life- a new attitude for a new decade! Thursdays seem to be a good day to reflect so each Thursday I am going to try to blog about my progress. Next week, I will be talking about the goal for the upcoming month that will center on increasing my energy and overall vitality.

Until next time,
Fabulous KT

1 comment:

Everyday Adventures said...

LOVE IT!!!! Cant wait till next Thursday!!! Great post and love your philosophy of living your life, I can definitly relate to each one!!