Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Frustrated...

Sorry for the brief relapse in posting. Last week, I was off from my library gig for “spring break”. Without any students, the need for librarians goes down too. While I’d like to write about all the productive things I did over break, I pretty much just tried to get some random things down I’d been putting off and enjoy myself a little. I also threw in a dentist appointment, visit with my grandparents, some fabulous shopping adventures with my mom and sister, my cousin’s high school musical and a parade. I guess the week was a pretty productive after all!

This week, it was back to the grind and I was greeted Monday morning with some pretty frustrating news….they will not need my librarian services this summer. And then when fall comes again, I will only be offered my former part-time night hours. BOOO! It all comes down to budgeting and people once again failing to see the value in libraries. There are more students attending community college than ever and libraries should be at the hub of any educational facility. But today, people seem to place more value on saving a few bucks or supporting the athletic department than providing quality service to their students. Oh well…so now it’s back to the job hunt for me. I would love to stay working as a professional librarian but I am SICK of working part-time and terrible hours for little pay. It’s sad to say but I’d be better off working in a non-library field with normal hours, decent pay and benefits. It’s like two steps forward and then three back. Trying to stay positive and hoping the week perks up from here. I’ll leave you with a song lyric from one of my favorite songs…Stop and Stare by One Republic. Definitely sums up how I feel right now.

Stop and Stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be, oh
Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, can you see what I see


Until next time,
Fabulous KT

1 comment:

Everyday Adventures said...

Aww sissy..I am sorry you are u are frustrated...I will be praying for you for a new job opening!! No worries my dear, just think of all the blessings around you every day:) love you lots and thanks so much for all your work on the shower/bachelorette party!! It is sure to be a blast!