Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A great summer!

So another two months has gone by and I once again have failed to stay up on my blog. This lapse, however, isn’t because I haven’t been inspired but rather that I’ve been super duper busy but in a super duper good way. The new job is fabulous! Everyday I am excited to go to work (yes, I know how silly this sound) but I am really enjoying what I do and FINALLY feeling like I made the right decision to become a librarian. The library is really busy and my co-workers are all very friendly. I am still definitely adjusting to a new locale but overall, things on the job front are right where they have needed to be for a while.

On the personal side, summer is still extra crazy for the hubby. He works 60 to70 hours a week and only has one day off. Boo! Not fun, right. But we are managing. I’ve been staying busy with lots of fun celebrations all summer long including 30th birthdays, wine tours, bbqs, reunions with college friends, etc. We also celebrated our 4th anniversary at the beginning of the month. Yay for fun times with good friends, family and lots of laughter!

I have been on a decorating kick this summer too. I’ve updated my guest bathroom, new bedding for our master and new lampshades for the living room. We’ve also done some “arts and crafts” projects that have added new life to some older pieces. We covered our kitchen chairs with a fun pattern. What used to be plain with red leather and wood, is now a burst of energy with geometric shaped pattern.


Also an old bookshelf that has traveled from my parent’s house to my apartment to my sister’s apartment and now backs to my house is now a great new addition to our guest room. A fresh coat of paint and the shelf has a totally new style.




I’ve got a few more ideas for updates throughout the house that hopefully I can accomplish this fall. Hopefully, my next post will come before the snow does.

Until next time,
Fabulous KT

No comments: